Terms & Conditions
You Are Viewing
STUDIO RULES & REGULATIONS DANCE CENTRAL
Terms and Conditions
Please read these before enrolling your child
Terms & conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians. By enrolling your child in our classes you are agreeing to the terms below.
Section 1 –Enrolment & Fee Payment
1. An Enrolment Form or Free Trial Class booking must be completed for all students before participating in their first class at DANCE CENTRAL. This is available online at
2. Fees are payable in full at the START of each term to reserve your child’s place in the class. Fees must be received before the new term starts other wise you risk losing your child's place in the class. The dates of each ‘Term’ are defined on the invoice you will receive by email. The number of weeks defining a Term is 8-11.
An automatic monthly fee instalment plan may be put in place but will incur a $40 set-up/maintenance fee per year.
3. If fees are not paid within the 1st week of the half term a 10% surcharge will be added. If a student fails to pay fees for any reason, it will be put in the hands of a debt collector. Collection costs will be added to the fees owed. Accounts sent during are to be paid within 7 days.
4. Cheque’s will not be accepted for payment. Payment can be made through:
a. Bank transfer to DANCE CENTRAL (02-0820-0134119-003) INV number and Child’s Name as reference.
b. Wave Stripe through DANCE CENTRAL invoicing system. Fees Credit card processing - $0.30 + 2.9% per transaction.
c. Fees paid in cash must be received in a sealed envelope with student's name and amount enclosed clearly written on the front. Please ensure you provide the correct amount of money.
6. New students may take one free trial class. Should the student then decide to join the class, they must pay the remaining balance for the half term/term.
7. There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class or if the class falls on a public holiday.
8. If the regular teacher is unable to teach a class we will do our best to provide a substitute teacher. If it is not possible to find a substitute, the class will have to be cancelled and you will be informed by email and social media. In this case fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming term fees.
Section 2 - Class Timing
1. Classes are timetabled at a nominal 30, 45 minute or 1+ hour duration. This includes a short period of time at the start and end of each class for registration and class changeover management. Students are expected to arrive before their scheduled class time. Failure to do so may cause the student to miss out on important warmup exercises preventing them from safely participating in the rest of the class.
2. Some classes run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed ready to start their class before entering the studio and leave promptly at the end.
3. Parents and Students are asked to wait quietly outside the studio until they are invited in by the class teacher.
4. Students are expected to attend all their classes. If students are sick or going to be away please email
Section 3 - Code of Conduct for Students and Parents to Uphold
1. All students must be appropriately dressed for class, with correct foot wear and DANCE CENTRAL regulation uniform available from PW Dancewear.
2. All students must purchase the regulation uniform within 3 weeks of their first class. Students must wear their uniform to all lessons. Hair is to be neatly groomed and secured away from the face in a classical bun.
3. Any student inappropriately dressed or groomed will not be able to participate in class. "No Bun No Ballet"
4. Parents are welcome to view classes provided there are no distractions eg, talking or cell phones. Please respect that it can be difficult for children in the class to focus if there is noise. Parents are only permitted to take photographs of their child during class. Out of respect to others in the class please do not post pictures of other children on social media platforms without the consent of the child’s parent/guardians consent
5. Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teachers, fellow students and parents- including their own.
6. Students are not permitted to bring food into the dance studio or chewing gum whilst in class. A named bottle of water is allowed.
7. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
8. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the class must be switched off.
9. Students are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the class teacher.
10. Students must not arrive or leave the premises in only their ballet uniform. Extra clothing must be worn over the top or have a complete change of clothes.
Section 4 - Responsibilities
1. Parents/Guardians must remain on the premises at all times whilst their child is taking a class if they are under the age of 5yrs. If you need to leave the premises, this responsibility must be passed to and accepted by another adult.
2. If your child is under 5yrs and needs assistance, becomes unwell or has an accident while on the premises and during classes there must be an adult accessible at all times.
3. We highly encourage parents or guardians to walk students in and out of the studio. No student should leave the studio without a parent or guardian. Students should not wait outside! We are very sensitive to our student’s safety, but we are not responsible for students before or after their class time.
4. DANCE CENTRAL is responsible for the well-being of children during their scheduled class time only.
5. The dance teacher cannot take responsibility for assisting children when visiting the bathroom.
6. It is the Parents/Guardians responsibility to inform DANCE CENTRAL of any changes regarding the students medical conditions or emergency contact details. In this case please complete a new registration form.
7. A certain amount of risk is involved by taking part in any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by DANCE CENTRAL do so at their own risk.
Section 5 - Miscellaneous
1. Dance education requires “hands-on” instruction, as well as verbal instruction. Instructors will regularly correct children by touching their arms, legs, feet, hips, back and head to move them to the correct position. Instructors will also verbally correct students during class. The students are expected to practice at home.
2. Parents need to have a positive attitude and continued support is necessary in order for their child to continue the privilege of participating in the DANCE CENTRAL program. If a parent chooses to have a negative attitude or causes volatile scenes in any way, your child and you will be asked to leave the school.
3. DANCE CENTRAL reserves the right to refuse services to any person who does not support the Terms and Conditions and decisions set forth.
4. The staff members of DANCE CENTRAL will discuss only a child’s progress with the parent, we will not discuss other children’s progress.
5. The school timetable may be revised at any time.
6. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media by DANCE CENTRAL. If you do not give permission for your child's photo to be taken please indicate this in the enrolment form.